43 Cult. Heritage.
7 Nat. Heritage.
1 Tourist Serv..
Turkey thighs with chestnuts and chickpeas cream
INGREDIENTS FOR THIGHS
- 4 turkey thigs
- Freshly grinded black pepper
- 1 glass of sweet white wine
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKPEAS CREAM
- 1 jar of 500 gr. of cooked chickpeas
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- 2 leeks
- 2 tablespoons of oil
INGREDIENTS FOR CHESTNUT
- 150 gr. of chestnuts, water and salt.
Smart and economic dish that requires some dedication but whose outcome is really worth.
- Season the thighs and brown them in a frying pan with a bit of olive oil.
- Once they are well browned, place them on a baking tray to roast them for 45 minutes at 200 º C.
- Once baked, remove the thighs from the oven and keep them aside in a warm place.
- Pour the juices left in the baking tray into a small saucepan, add a tablespoon of honey and let them boil at a moderate heat in order to get a reduced juice to be used for saucing the thighs when serving them.
PREPARATION OF THE CHICKPEAS CREAM:
- Clean the leeks, cut them into pieces and fry them in a pan with some olive oil until they start to brown.
- At this point, pour a glass of vegetable stock and let it boil, medium heat, for 10 minutes.
- Place the chickpeas in a colander, wash them with water and strain them again.
- Join the chickpeas and the leeks, strain them and add the remaining stock, until obtaining a light chickpeas cream.
- Pour this cream into a saucepan and heat it over low heat.
PREPARATION OF CHESTNUTS:
- Make a cut in the external skin of the chestnuts and cook them for 10 minutes in a pan with boiling water and salt.
- Once cooked, remove the chestnuts from the water, strain them and, when they have cooled, peel them removing both the external and the interior skin.
- Place the turkey thigh on a plate, cover it with the sauce that has been made from its juices and decorate with the roasted chestnuts and the chickpeas cream.
- If the thighs have not released enough juice to make the sauce, use it to make the chickpeas cream, it will give it a delicious touch.